An abundance of outdoors to explore, coupled with a low unemployment rate and a housing market that's relatively affordable make Colorado an attractive place to raise a family.
SmartAsset, a New York-based financial services and analytical firm, ranked 41 different Colorado cities based on metrics in 10 categories:
- Percent of families under the poverty line.
- High school graduation rate.
- Percent of residents under the age of 20.
- Median housing cost and 5-year percent change in median home values.
- Median household income.
- Property and violent crime rates.
- Unemployment rate.
- Child care costs.
Golden takes the top spot for best places to raise a family in Colorado,…